Choosing the right bikini can be a very challenging task, especially because it is directly linked to your self-perception. You may have often come across a situation where a bikini that looks great on a mannequin simply does not look good on you. Why does this happen?
The answer is simple- it is just not meant for you! One important thing to remember is that each person's body is different and the same clothes that suit one body type will simply not suit another body type. In order to look beautiful in a bikini, it is important that you first determine what body type you are and then go for a bikini that suits your body shape and color.
6 Bathing suits for 6 body types
Here are a few body types and their corresponding bikini styles:
- Athletic: For athletic body types, a high-cut bikini and even tankinis can be great options. Wear something that flaunts your body's perfectly shaped proportions. Tankinis are especially useful when you have an athletic body, but your tummy is still not well-toned. It covers your abdomen, without compromising on showing off the natural beauty of your body.
- Small-chested: For small-chested women, bikinis that are bright, a bit skimpy and even floral will go excellently well. These bright patterns can wonderfully complement your beauty by highlighting your overall beauty.
- Large-chested: Large chested women can go for bikinis that are less skimpy and more plain in design. Dark colored bikinis are preferred to light-colored ones.
- Pear-shaped: If you have a pear-shaped body, you can go for a one-piece bikini type that covers your abdomen. To reduce chances of your pear shape being prominent, you must choose rather lighter colors. Floral prints too can look good on you.
- Slim: If you're slim, go for something that compliments your slimness. A one-piece would be okay, but a two-piece will definitely highlight your body shape.
Bathing suits based on skin color
Choosing a bikini based on skin color can be a tad too subjective. However, as a general rule of thumb, women with lighter skin can go with any color. However, women who are dark will look better in dark colors such as shades of dark blue, purple, magenta, maroon, and so on. Wearing bikinis of light colors can create too much of a contrast which can overshadow your natural beauty.
On a concluding note, remember that there is no hard and fast rule about which bikini you should wear. Just remember that as long as you are comfortable, and it suits your body and skin, you are good to go.
Check out our latest bikini summer collection and take your pick from among the massive variety of colors, patterns, and designs to suit your taste and preference.